Mission Statement

Whispered Support has a two fold purpose. Firstly, Carly's letter, that has been inspired by feedback from parents all round the world. Our hope is that this letter will be distributed in hospitals around the world, and given to the families who are suffering the heartbreaking loss of their baby. There is a downloadable version available at the bottom of the page. Please feel free to give it to anyone you know who may find the information useful.

The site itself, is dedicated to providing practical and emotional support, in the immediate days after the loss of your precious little ones. Here you will find advice based on feedback and guidance from other parents who have experienced the same, or similar losses. We cannot help ease your suffering, but hope to help you navigate these unchartered waters more easily.

Thank you
Carly and Sarah.


Carly's story

It had been 2 years to the day since my son was born asleep. The inspiration for this site came from watching a beautiful video about a tiny baby named Audrey Caroline's all too short life. I admired her mother for having the presence of mind to do everything she did in the 2 and a half hours that she had with her precious daughter. At the same time a felt a wave of rage and anger come over me.

Why didn't I think of those things to do in the time that I had our precious son with us? I wrote out all my regrets from those days surrounding the birth of my son. I wrote them out on my online blog for the whole world to see.
It was then that I realized that I was not alone. There were emails flooding into my inbox from all over the world. All these beautiful ladies who were living with regret as well as their grief. I realized that I needed to do something to stop women from regretting. I didn't think of these things because I was in shock. No one gave me any information until I had said goodbye to my son and left the hospital. For me that was all too late.

The Whispered Support Letter is a letter from women all over the world. Living with grief is hard work. Living with regret is even harder. If we can get this letter to women before they leave the hospital we will be able to help stop the regrets. This place is a place where bereaved parents can come and hopefully find some guidance and solace. It's a place where we whisper our support to you.

About Sarah

As a sibling who lost her baby brother Rory to SIDS, and as a mother who has experienced miscarriage; I am working with Carly to provide support to fellow parents, and provide guidance for family and friends who so often find themselves at a loss as to what they can do to help at this difficult and sad time.

I taught Carly many years ago, then I moved overseas and had no contact at all. The way we got in touch again was an incredible series of coincidences. We both feel very fortunate to have so many people supporting us, as we reach out and try to help others.

Grief truly is the price we pay for love. It is through Whispered Support, we hope to provide both consolation and understanding to parents, at a time, when really, very little makes sense at all.